Sunday, December 13, 2009

TEMPWAR!!!!

I woke up this morning freezing my ass off as usual. My family has the habit of keeping this house at the same temperature as an industrial-strength meat locker and then criticizing me for "being overdramatic" by wearing a hoodie or jacket inside.

Today I'd had enough and checked the thermostat to see if it was broken. It wasn't -- it was just set to 55 degrees.

WE ARE *PEOPLE* DAMMIT! Buildings in the First World should *not* be 55 degrees. So I cranked that bitch up to 75. When the family returned from morning Mass, they were incredibly upset and "hot." Well, tough shit. We've made it clear that we don't take the feelings of others into consideration when we make decisions. Let the passive aggression turn into an outright thermic war.

Standard negotiation procedure says the temperature should now be set to 65, which is closer to the more bearable temperature range of 68 to 77 degrees cited by Wikipedia as "room temperature." That is, if these miscreants are interested AT ALL in peace. If they do not cave, I shall be forced to continue being capricious. We are not poor. We do not live in a Charles Dickens novel. We can afford to have the heat on.

In fact, maybe I'll leave it on 90 and walk around shirtless in December. That actually sounds pretty nice. It also sounds like another negotiation tactic. No one wants to watch me sweat in boxer shorts. NOBODY. But that's a harsh tactic. I'll hold on to that one for later.

UGH AND MY DAD IS PLAYING OPERA AGAIN!!! THIS FAMILY IS DRIVING ME NUTS UUUUUUUUNNNNGHHH I HATE LIVING BACK AT HOME

/rant

No comments:

Post a Comment